Week 2, Day 1 of #30DaysOfSWA!!
In Week 1 we lined core ideas for Azure Static Internet Apps – from improvement to API-enablement, safety, configuraton and deployment.
Right this moment, we kick off Week 2 with a deal with seeing SWA in motion – utilizing fashionable internet improvement frameworks and static web site mills to construct and deploy totally different sorts of purposes. We kick issues off with a take a look at Astro – a contemporary static web site generator with a BYOF (“Carry your individual framework”) strategy.
- What’s a static web site generator?
- What’s Astro?
- Construct & Deploy a Private Weblog with Astro
- Train: Attempt the tutorial to deploy your private weblog!
The time period “static web site mills” (SSG) refers to instruments that routinely construct static webpages for you, populating a selected template together with your customized content material or information. The code technology is clear to you, making it doable for even non-developers to setup customized static web sites rapidly.
Static web site technology is a rising development for quick, versatile web site creation. However it requires an exterior service to deal with internet hosting and construct/deploy workflows. That is the place Azure Static Internet Apps is available in! Take a look at the SWA documentation for tutorials that includes fashionable SSGs like Hugo, Jekyll and Gatsby. We’ll discover another examples later this week.
- Carry your individual framework (React, Vue, Svelte, internet elements)
- Compose your web site utilizing that framework’s UI elements
In in the present day’s tutorial, we stroll via the steps required to:
Listed here are the important thing hyperlinks to know:
Then verify again tomorrow for a brand new utilization instance and tutorial – this time, with a deal with React – as we proceed to discover Azure Static Internet Apps in motion!
Listed here are a few choices to attempt, to get extra hands-on expertise:
- Clone the template project and comply with the tutorial to construct and deploy your private weblog.
- Go to the Astro Themes web page and check out utilizing a special starter mission, then deploying it to Azure Static Internet Apps.
Take a look at these different tutorials utilizing extra conventional static web site mills: