It has been nearly every week since new M3 MacBook Professional have been launched. There’s loads of critiques on YouTube discussing the brand new black color, counting CPU cores and testing efficiency.
Although in this video the writer has shared a Google Spreadsheet with specs and costs for all 83 configurations out there for buy. Among the specs included RAM and SSD sizes, Geekbench CPU rating.
“What’s the worth for a buck?” popped in my head. Straight away I cloned the spreadsheet and began taking part in with formulation. Here is my tackle worth for cash in several classes:
|Class||Inches||Proc||P Cores||E Cores||RAM||SSD||Geekbench6 multi core rating||Value|
|Greatest RAM/$||14||M3 Max||12||4||128||512||21215||$4,499|
|Greatest SSD/$||14||M3 Max||10||4||36||8192||18519||$5,399|
|Greatest every little thing/$||14||M3 Max||10||4||96||8192||18519||$6,199|
|Most costly||16||M3 Max||12||4||128||8192||21215||$7,199|
- For one of the best “compute”, “RAM” and “SSD” I divided Geekbench multicore rating, RAM quantity and SSD measurement (correspondignly) by the mannequin worth and sorted with largest worth on the prime.
- I.e. Greatest RAM/$ was the mannequin that scored 7.35 MB/$ and was on the prime of the checklist.
- For the “Greatest in every little thing” I used an mixture rating that first normalised every of the three columns (CPU, RAM, SSD) after which averaged them and divided by worth.
- That is extra of a thought experiment reasonably than a holistic testing
- Extra is healthier is legitimate for RAM and SSD, whereas for 14″ vs 16″ may not be the case
- E.g. I’m writing this text on 14″ MBP and worth it is compact measurement extra
- There’s a review that means that 8GB M3 base mannequin is considerably inferior to larger fashions even in CPU division as quickly as you begin multitasking and eat a number of the RAM