There are quite a lot of instruments that allow rendering of diagrams utilizing textual content descriptions. The favored ones embrace
- Mermaid – A diagramming and charting instrument that makes use of Markdown-inspired textual content definitions. Helps drawing of Flowchart, Sequence Diagram, Graphs, Class Diagrams, ER Diagrams and rather more
- Graphviz – A graph visualisation software program to characterize structural info as a diagram of summary graphs and networks
- Ditaa – a small command-line utility written in Java, that may convert diagrams drawn utilizing ascii artwork
- PlantUML – A element that permits to jot down Sequence diagram, Usecase diagram, Class diagram, Object diagram, Exercise diagram, Element diagram, Deployment diagram, State diagram, Timing diagram and extra
- BlockDiag – A Group of initiatives that has different diagramming instruments – BlockDiag, SeqDiag, ActDiag, NwDiag, PacketDiag, RackDiag
Having all of them beneath a single roof does have its benefits, however setting them up and having the stipulations could be a appreciable activity. That is the place Kroki involves the rescue. It’s each an open supply software program that may be put in domestically and a service that’s free as effectively.
It’s astonishing to see the help for varied diagramming instruments all at one place. Kroki gives help for BlockDiag (BlockDiag, SeqDiag, ActDiag, NwDiag, PacketDiag, RackDiag), BPMN, Bytefield, C4 (with PlantUML), Ditaa, Erd, Excalidraw, GraphViz, Mermaid, Nomnoml, Pikchr, PlantUML, Structurizr, SvgBob, UMLet, Vega, Vega-Lite, WaveDrom. It’s consistently up to date so as to add extra instruments as effectively.
The fantastic thing about Kroki is that it additionally gives HTTP APIs to create diagrams that may be accessed utilizing instruments like cURL. Along with the companies, it additionally has a CLI – Command Line Interface – that makes use of kroki.io because the backend.
Strive Kroki for a cheerful diagramming!