Builders hate marketing.
That is why there’s a lot content material by dev entrepreneurs exhibiting different dev entrepreneurs the way to promote dev-centric stuff with out annoying the technical viewers within the course of.
It is most likely additionally why there’s very little such content material for builders themselves, exhibiting them the way to enhance and leverage their very own advertising and marketing expertise. In spite of everything, why on this planet would a developer have to know something about advertising and marketing?
However it is a false impression.
As a result of prefer it or not, nowadays, we’re all in advertising and marketing (sure – even you).
A couple of fast examples that may sound acquainted:
- Are you an open-source developer making an attempt to get contributors to your new mission? You will want some advertising and marketing expertise for that.
- Attempting to make your portfolio/CV stand out so you possibly can land a job? Right here too, you may want advertising and marketing.
- Need to publish extra content material and construct some area authority? Yep. Advertising.
- Need to develop and monetize your social presence? Possibly grow to be a DevRel at some point? You guessed it. Advertising.
In my expertise and IMHO, improved advertising and marketing expertise will transfer the needle for nearly any developer at any degree.
For the previous 2+ years, I’ve led go-to-market efforts at Livecycle – a dev-focused firm fixing the ‘limitless suggestions loop’ downside with instruments that allow builders to share work immediately and gather suggestions in context.
At this level, I’ve a ton of expertise – not solely in advertising and marketing to builders, but in addition in teaching builders on the way to grow to be pure entrepreneurs themselves.
The alternatives I’ve needed to share related advertising and marketing insights, methods, and techniques with the dev neighborhood have been so impactful that I’ve determined to open it as much as a wider viewers via this content material collection – “Advertising for Builders”.
A number of the subjects I am planning to cowl:
- Creating a private model
- Product launches for dev-oriented merchandise
- The way to improve traction to your open-source mission
- The way to develop and leverage your social media presence
- The way to enhance your content material creation and distribution
- The way to ship chilly emails to builders with out getting hate mail in return
- And rather more…
Be at liberty to comply with me right here and join with me on LinkedIn.
And if there are particular questions or subjects you would like me to handle, please attain out or drop them within the feedback under.