I have been producing podcasts and movies for The Irish Makers Podcast, we’re in our 2nd season plus weekly information updates.
So now I’ve switched to attempting out making Youtube Shorts for my Irish Makers Information Roundup, and as I discussed it is printed weekly. I am undecided the right way to preserve that up, however one drawback at a time.
I discovered that:-
- 60 seconds is difficult to squish all the information into!
- it is exhausting to make a brief look good.
- I can not make a vlog for the lifetime of me…
Yeah, that final one, I assumed I simply learn it in entrance of my smartphone and that is it!
It was oh-kaaay…
Let’s strive once more the next week with assist from Mick‘s suggestions.
Go away myself out of it, and simply have my voiceover. So this time I attempted that with screenshots of the varied occasions by way of my telephone. Utilizing Canva and their Youtube Shorts structure, I cobbled all of it collectively.
A bit higher, however not fairly what I hoped…
This time I had some further information which I could not match into the earlier brief with all of the occasions, so I made a decision to strive one thing else on canva.
I nonetheless recorded the audio (if you’re curious, I used Logic Professional), screenshot the articles on my telephone so I’ve the correct ratio, and likewise video captured a youtube clip of one among our podcast eps.
Then on Canva, I clipped out the photographs and used “Picture Zoom” animation for the photographs, this was as shut I can get to a Ken Burns Impact (thanks once more to Mick for that suggestion for picture stills to make them pop).
Here is the ultimate outcome (which is quite a bit higher):
So blissful that it is nearer to what I need within the Youtube Brief. I’ve seen so many dangerous ones on the market, so I hope I can work out the right way to make it work with studying out occasions within the subsequent one.
And most vital of all, make the workflow course of higher.
- Collect occasions and information per episode (I exploit Bear App) – dates, occasions, titles and hyperlinks
- Write script on the identical episode entry on Bear.
- Follow the heck out of it, highlighting bits to stress on.
- File the audio on Logic Professional, and export audio as wav.
- Get screenshots by way of my smartphone (it saves to my Pictures), if there’s any movies, I can record on my phone or video capture on my desktop.
- Create a brand new Youtube Brief design on Canva
- Open up Pictures app and discover the pics/movies and pull them to Yoink (can transcode if nec), and I pull them from Yoink and drop them into Canva.
- Order the photographs and movies after some enhancing (add animation, transitions, and so forth).
- Drop wav file into Canva, edit it if vital.
- Edit every “web page” of movies/pics in sync with the audio voice over.
- Create thumbnail at the beginning, and ending picture on the finish if there is a Name to Motion.
- Playback and edit till blissful.
- Export video (MP4)
- Add to Youtube Shorts and edit dets, and so forth. And add 1920×1080 thumbnail.
- Tweet out.
The one factor I am nonetheless dangerous at is creating titles that’s catchy and to the purpose. I am not a wordsmithie particular person. 😅
Any suggestions could be useful in case you produce brief weekly content material as properly, particularly if it is information laden like occasions listings, and so forth.